Colored Pencil on Paper
Guy Debord defines the dérive as a "mode of experimental behavior linked to the conditions of urban society: a technique of rapid passage through varied ambiences"
This work is the first of my own personal artistic dérive in which I let go of the instinct to imitate and draw simply what I feel like drawing in the moment.
At a certain point, my architectural education subconsciously creeps into my intention, but recently I have tried to hone in on what aspects of the work are formally engaging me, and I go with it.
I have yet to completely let go of control and judgment while drawing, and I realized that no matter how hard I try to unlearn or deskill, the rational control-freak in my mind will inevitable play a part in everything I do. So instead of pushing it away and denying it in my work, I've let my own subconscious control-freak start to play designer. We'll see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment